Join us for the Festival Fair in the Jarrett Memorial Gardens, to officially open the festival for the year.
Wander through the many stalls comprising of craft, food, plants and other interesting goodies.
The official opening will take place at 9am, at the Jarrett Memorial Gardens, James Avenue, Renmark on Saturday October 17, 2020.
The Committee is working closely with the Department of Health almost on a daily basis and our current plans reflect this activity, with the Dept’s last advice received on Friday July 31. Changes in COVID-19 status could well see some events being cancelled but currently advice does not see a need for that to occur.
The Department approved a COVID Safe Plan for the Fair (receipt number 8503929) under the following conditions:
|Is it expected that there will be more than 1000 people in attendance?||no|
|Will the venue/activity facilitate the dancing and any consumption of liquor?||no|
|Will any part of the venue/activity be used for the purpose of consumption of liquor, playing loud, amplified music, and dancing?||
|Will there be entertainment of a sexually explicit nature||no|
To ensure compliance with our COVID Safe plan, the Committee will put the following measures in place for this year’s Fair:
Dedicate separate entry and exit points to encourage one way traffic
- The Committee will provide blank pre-prepared COVID safe forms together with disposable pencils, all visitors would need to supply the following information:
- The visitors name/s
- Their contact phone number/s
- The time of entering the Fair
- Declare that they are well and symptom free (it is assumed that a tick a box response is acceptable)
- If you are not well, please do not enter.
Large clear signs at the entry point (and other locations around the Jarrett Gardens) that will spell out the rules of entry, including:
- The need to maintain a distance of at least 1.5 metres from any other person at any time
- Make use of the hand sanitising facilities provided
- Practice cough etiquette
- Do not engage in intimate personal behaviour or share drinks
- If you are not well, do not enter and go home
The Committee is looking into cost effective ways to ensure visitor behaviour and cleaning of touch points of communal areas such as the playground and toilets:
- Stall Holders to conduct regular cleaning of touch points at their Stalls.
- No communal food or beverage service areas – the only food or beverage sales to be from approved Stall Holders with Safe Food Certification.
- Hand sanitising station will be made available at the entry point and other locations around the Grounds.
- Re-usable equipment such as hookah or other pipes, tubes, heads or any equipment associated with the operation of shisha, smoking or vaping will not be permitted.